Monday, February 22, 2010

Tates of Tuesday

Master C, Mr. Woggie and I have just embarked on the process of solids or weaning or whatever you'd like to call the beginning of my baby eating food and drinking milk less. So I'd thought I'd each Tuesday I'll blog about what Master C has been eating each week and post some of my favourite baby recipes (one's that I've got from cook books) and some I've invented myself (these will be few and far between I'm sure).

So far Master C has enjoyed pumpkin and spinach (his favorites),potato, apple (didn't enjoy that so much!) pear and banana. We skipped the whole rice cereal thing he didn't dig it and I can't blame him, it did have a dreadful odour to it.

Today I cooked up some peas and pureed them - we'll try them tomorrow.

This week I'm going to introduce some protein, probably in the form of chicken I've found a baby recipe I'm really keen to try out it's an Annabel Karmel creation.

Easy one-pot chicken
Ingredients
50g (2oz) leeks, washed and finely sliced
15g (1/20z) unsalted butter (I'll probably leave this out)
110g chicken breast cut into chunks
1 medium carrot pelled and sliced
275g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
300ml Chicken Stock.

Method
Saute the leeks in the butter until softened.
Add the chicken to the pan and saute for 3-4 minutes
Add the vegetables
Pour over the stock, bring to the boil and simmer, covered with a lid, for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Puree in a blender to the desired consistency.

For the first batch I'll probably not include leeks as I only introduce one new food at a time and for this recipe it will be the chicken. I may use potato instead or perhaps peas if it's a hit!


ICLW comments for the day.
1. The weekly Zeke
2. Waiting for Sunflower
3. The Infertile Mind
4. Weebles Wobblog
5. The Mud and the Lotus

My return comment
Holy Moly Toledo(s)s!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome to find myself listed in this post!

    Well, you've made me hungry, aside from the pureed part :-)

    Sounds like you're having fun being a mom -- so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete